[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

Dejan Pangercic ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 21:03:11 UTC 2018

> If you already have an inflight or working ROS1 application it can, and probably should stay on ROS1 until that application has exhausted its useful lifecycle. Any new or next generation of that application should be targeted to be built on ROS2 and getting the libraries there to support it.

Using ROS 1 and ROS 2 side by side using https://github.com/ros2/ros1_bridge works perfectly as we have detailed in our ROSCon talk: https://roscon.ros.org/2018/presentations/ROSCon2018_ROS2onAutonomousDrivingVehicles.pdf.

So a) you do not need to do transition over the night and b) you could even keep running your system as ROS 1 and ROS 2 hybrid.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/30) or reply to this email to respond.