[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Computer Vision / Perception] Your thoughts on Intel Realsense D415/D435

Andy ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 19:52:21 UTC 2018

They are a little bit hard to install. The installation instructions aren't great and you have to get one package from source. I find the point cloud to be noisy at a distance but very good at shorter range (like, less than 2 meters).

The ROS wrapper has a lot of functionality. I think it may be the best ROS camera package I've used. You can pause any camera at any time, which is cool if bandwidth is a concern.

The mechanical aspects of the camera are pretty good (robust cable connections, small package size, multiple mounting options). Personally I don't think there's a better option at the moment.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/your-thoughts-on-intel-realsense-d415-d435/6467/2) or reply to this email to respond.