[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

Michael Ferguson ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:36:25 UTC 2018

Perhaps I should start a different thread on this -- but I think documentation plans for ROS2 is also a major concern for adoption by ROS1 users (and all users really).

Currently, most things seem to be documented in the ros2 github wiki, or the design documents. But now that there is a larger group working on porting things to ROS2, I'm not sure where documentation is supposed to go.

Given the flat namespace of the current wiki, along with the maintenance issues of the custom MoinMoin stuff, should there be a separate wiki for ROS2? Is the ros2/rosdistro being parsed anywhere currently? The original ROS wiki push done at Willow was definitely a turning point in ROS adoption.

Also, I personally find it is pretty hard to locate where the ROS2 version of a particular package might be (for instance, I only recently noticed that there was an RVIZ repo under the ros2 org). Do we have any "best practices" for where to put things? I know there is a lot of working going on with the "navigation2" package in ros-planning org, but should we instead have a ros2-planning org?

-Fergs

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/48) or reply to this email to respond.