[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Computer Vision / Perception] Your thoughts on Intel Realsense D415/D435

Chris M ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 23:37:10 UTC 2018

I wasn't thrilled with the accuracy of the D435. Emailed Intel and they said the 415 was more accurate (they replied right away which was a nice sign). The 415 still needs filtering but is adequate for me, the 435 was off by >2cm at distances less than 2M and very noisy. Their Windows app has a bunch of filters that were not implemented in ROS last I checked so I just wrote my own.
There was also an issue where sometimes you have to reset the device. Either soft reset or unplug and plug back in. This was an open issue on their github a while ago, not sure if its still there.
Otherwise I've been happy with it.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/your-thoughts-on-intel-realsense-d415-d435/6467/5) or reply to this email to respond.