[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 perception porting status

Michael Ferguson ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 02:59:11 UTC 2018

I'd have to look into it in more detail -- a quick look at the CMake shows it depends on "pcl_ros" -- mainly for the transform stuff if I recall, although once the package is ported to TF2, all that changes anyways, so it might not be a problem. Actions/MoveIt are the big ones (no sense having a grasp planner if you've got no arm planning software, and even in the upcoming release of ROS2 it is my understanding that actions will not be able to cross the ROS1/ROS2 bridge)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-perception-porting-status/6231/14) or reply to this email to respond.