[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 for real-time applications

Lalit Begani ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 05:24:33 UTC 2018

As a newbie, I would like to understand the current status of ROS2 wrt real-time. My goal is to identify the gaps and contribute towards making ROS2 real-time compatible. Aiming to get some direction and clue.
1. Is there some standard steps documented to setup/run/test/profile real-time apps with ROS2. This is to enable me to setup a right development environment.
2. In the document - http://design.ros2.org/articles/realtime_background.html, there are few proposals made on how to make ROS2 achieve real-time compatibility. I would like to know if there was any decision taken or progress made wrt the proposals.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-for-real-time-applications/6493/1) or reply to this email to respond.