[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 perception porting status

Sharron LIU ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:30:34 UTC 2018

@mikeferguson,  regarding grasping, I've done some upstream works on "GPD". It's a state-of-the-art algorithm for grasp pose detection and very easy for using in ROS. I've enabled a ROS2 grasp library as MoveIt plug-in for this algorithm, now in alpha version, coming soon :slight_smile:

The GPD has been enabled with Intel OpenVINO technology for neural network computation deployment across various devices (CPU, GPU, VPU, etc.) and maximizes performance. Linkage here:
https://github.com/atenpas/gpd

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-perception-porting-status/6231/15) or reply to this email to respond.