[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] [ros2arduino] Discussion for development : ROS2 library for Arduino

Nick Burek ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:09:05 UTC 2018

Hey Kei,

Glad to see other people are interested in this. I've been looking at this myself in my free time. I think there is a bigger opportunity here beyond just support for Arduino to provide a ROS client library to allow any microcontroller application to connect with ROS using DDS-XRCE.

I've got an initial draft of the interfaces already defined for a ROS Client Library for MicroControllers (rcluc) that has its own rmw abstraction layer to allow the DDS-XRCE implementation to be interchangeable and focuses on having no dynamic allocation. I'd love if we could work together to get some of the ideas from that incorporated.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2arduino-discussion-for-development-ros2-library-for-arduino/6498/2) or reply to this email to respond.