[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

Jonathan Bohren ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 23:34:17 UTC 2018

I think the relationship between Open Robotics and federal funding sources has always been pretty clear, as are any relationships that Open Robotics has private enterprise through contract services. But these aren't the only participants in the community. Different segments have different types of needs, requirements, costs, and constraints. Not only that, but different segments use, contribute, and maintain different types code. I think seeing a breakdown and a graph of these relationships of that would be really valuable.

I think it might really ease some of these questions about where community members should direct their efforts in order to best drive the community forward without sacrificing their own engineering or research objectives. @gerkey, do you know if there's a sketch of that that anyone could share?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/66) or reply to this email to respond.