[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

Davide Faconti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:08:36 UTC 2018

@jbohren-hbr If I understood your tone and message, I apologize :slight_smile:

I hope at the end of this long (and somehow exhausting) discussion, OSRF will define a roadmap that defines how they will use their limited resource to maintain either ROS1 or ROS2 and I __personally__ hope that more and more effort is put in ROS2.

In my personal opinion, users should just accept that Melodic is the last LTS release and that they have 5 years to switch to ROS2.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/76) or reply to this email to respond.