[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

Davide Faconti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:47:24 UTC 2018

[quote="jbohren, post:77, topic:6155"]
Last LTS release or last LTS release *supported by OpenRobotics* ?
[/quote]

It is not up to me to decide that ;) .

Said that, my answer would be: "the last LTS created and supported by OpenRobotics  aaaaand I don't see who else has the capacity, time, desire, interest and money to continue the support ROS1 once a better alternative, i.e. ROS2, will be eventually available".

Let's not forget, by the way, that EOL of Melodic is 2023. Let's be ambitious! :stuck_out_tongue:

Many of us don't see in ROS2 a valid alternative __yet__, but I want to believe that this can change.
By valid alternative, I mean that the return of investment of switching from ROS1 to ROS2 is either bad or uncertain.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/78) or reply to this email to respond.