[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 Logging

Nick Burek ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 16:09:07 UTC 2018

[quote="gbiggs, post:5, topic:6469, full:true"]
Is it possible to come up with a way to swap out logging systems without needing to recompile nodes?
[/quote]

Yes, that should be possible. Since the shared library is linked at runtime it should be possible to just link in a different implementation. I'll need to research a little more to see what the most convenient way to do this is. It may still require you to recompile a shared package and source it in your workspace. If other people have thoughts on an easy way to do this I'd be interested in hearing.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-logging/6469/6) or reply to this email to respond.