[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Melodic] firos maintainer transition request

jstenzel ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:54:18 UTC 2018

Hi admins,

we would like to update FIROS to ROS Melodic and also maintain the code on Github. We tried to contact all of the current maintainers but unfortunately their email addresses do not exist.

Currently we are working for an EU-project, so called L4MS (http://l4ms.eu), where we are connecting ROS and FIWARE using your FIROS package. While we were working with it, we have identified few things we would like to improve, like getting rid of the ROS-Definitions which are send at the beginning and the nested Fiware-Entities.

Do you think it would be possible to hand over the development and the maintenance for the ROS-Package and the Git-Repo on Github?

Regards

Peter, Dennis and Jonas from Fraunhofer IML, Germany

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/firos-maintainer-transition-request/6533/1) or reply to this email to respond.