[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

Davide Faconti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:57:24 UTC 2018

    Proving my point that ROS1 and ROS2 are targeting different audiences (ie. communities).

But (and there is always a "but"), why can't we make __both__ these communities happy?

No one of us wants to make the entry barrier for ROS2 worse than it was for ROS1. Or at least, I believe this should be the goal. I expect ROS2 to be (become?) as "beginner friendly" as ROS1 is.

The only extra thing to learn is probably lifecycle management, something that a 10 minutes tutorial will teach you.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/83) or reply to this email to respond.