[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Dynamic Reconfigure porting

Bpwilcox ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 20:23:50 UTC 2018

I think we'd want the introspect-able range for parameter validation to be an automatic operation as opposed to redundant custom validation checks written in code.  My goal was to achieve this in the interim through a [parameter validator class](https://github.com/ros-planning/navigation2/pull/196) with optional upper/lower bound arguments passed for parameters. I do think having this as optional meta-info on the parameters as @wjwwood mentioned as TODO is a better option going forward with perhaps a validation function written in the ROS2 parameters code to protect from parameter changes that violate.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/dynamic-reconfigure-porting/6497/13) or reply to this email to respond.