[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

Davide Faconti ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 09:58:43 UTC 2018

I hate myself for writing again in this thread.

[quote="TheDash, post:91, topic:6155"]

Originally, who was funding ROS1? Whyd that stop?

[/quote]

Do you genuinely don't know or is this a trolling/rhetoric question?

Maybe looking at the story of ROS1 and Willow Garage will give you some perspective...

I do not see any "_conflict of interest_", because if "_those who have the money to pay to support ROS1, want to use ROS2_" it is because they are technical reasons that will, eventually, make ROS2 a better tool for everybody.

I __think__ that Open Robotics is offering a window of few years to its users to make the transition fro ROS1 to ROS2 because they genuinely think that ROS2 will be better for them.  Or at least all their actions seems to indicate so.

[quote="TheDash, post:91, topic:6155"]

I guess of course everyone will just have to suck it up and follow industrys trends if they arent willing to cough up the bill for ROS1, however.

[/quote]

ROS2 is solving __real__ problems, that maybe are not __your__ problems, as we said already.

Using ROS can save to individual, teams, and organizations months of work! otherwise, we would not use it.

It really drives me crazy that people want ROS1 to be maintained because they don't want to do some extra work to port their project to ROS2.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/94) or reply to this email to respond.