[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Industrial_robot_client porting to ROS2

Dan Prasenjit ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:02:12 UTC 2018

@gavanderhoorn, thanks for your response and giving me some insight of your plan on enhancement + porting of industrial_* packages.  Do you have any timeline in mind when that can be accomplished so that ROS2 have all the critical packages available? If that timeline is not in near future, we can just port packages as is (if possible) and later focus on improvement. But if you have planned for it very soon, I completely agree with you that we should do both things together. As you mentioned that you are actively looking at enhancement opportunity for these packages, I'll have my team not to focus on industrial packages at this time, but if you need longer time for enhancement, and need extra-hands to do an interim porting of the package as is to ROS2 for immediate benefit of ROS2 community without you lose your focus on enhancement, let me know so that I can have my team assist on porting.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/industrial-robot-client-porting-to-ros2/6405/3) or reply to this email to respond.