[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS graph information tools implementation discussion

Geoffrey Biggs ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 06:41:20 UTC 2018

[quote="ross_2, post:32, topic:674"]

SDP IS Simple Discovery Protocol which FastRTPS and RTIConnext uses. However there has been some concern to using multicast for discovery in DDS in some production architectures. My proposal is to use the current discovery protocol if there are no objections.

[/quote]

I can't speak for Dirk, but I got it mixed up with SSDP (Simple Service Discovery Protocol), which is the IETF-defined one. Sorry for the confusion. I'm all in favour of using the current discovery protocol.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-graph-information-tools-implementation-discussion/674/33) or reply to this email to respond.