[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] QT Creator and syntax highlighting/code completion

Marques Rasmussen ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:23:16 UTC 2018

simonschmeisser thanks for the response! I was thinking about posting this there but thought it also fits here as it is a discussion on how to get a large ROS project that has roots in QT into the IDE that ROS-I supports. I am more than happy to move the discussion there if you feel this issue does not belong here.

I tried your method and I can get syntax highlighting and code completion to work but only for one sub-package of the moveit source code (i.e. moveit_core. When I do this method the only source code I can see in the editor tree is the sub-package selected as the build space). I opened [moveit/moveit/CmakeLists.txt](https://github.com/ros-planning/moveit/blob/melodic-devel/moveit/CMakeLists.txt), but when I go to select my build directory I can only select a single package directory (i.e. moveit_core, moveit_ros, ... and I want to select all of them which doesn't seem to be an option).

It would be great if I could import the project the same way the [QTCreator wiki explains](https://ros-industrial.github.io/ros_qtc_plugin/_source/Import-ROS-Workspace.html) which is what I was hoping to discuss how to do in this post.

Thanks again!

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/qt-creator-and-syntax-highlighting-code-completion/6665/3) or reply to this email to respond.