[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Creating a top CMakeLists.txt to standardize all the ROS2 core packages building with CMake

Dirk Thomas ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:44:59 UTC 2018

[quote="Roser, post:4, topic:5933"]
if we want to build those ros2 packages as RPM package ...
[/quote]

You should map each ROS package to a RPM package. That is the same way as it is done in ROS 1 and for Debian packages in ROS 2.

[quote="gavanderhoorn, post:6, topic:5933, full:true"]
And Bloom should already support `spec` file generation. That was added for Fedora support of ROS 1.
[/quote]

While bloom supports `spec` file generation for ROS 1 I don't think it  does for ROS 2 at the moment. Several patches necessary for ROS 2 where only applied to the Debian process (e.g. https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/bloom/pull/475). I don't have a good overview what else would need to be updated but patching `bloom` to support RPMs in ROS 2 would be the way to go.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/creating-a-top-cmakelists-txt-to-standardize-all-the-ros2-core-packages-building-with-cmake/5933/8) or reply to this email to respond.