[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] MoveIt! Maintainer Meeting Recap - Aug 23rd, 2018

Mike Lautman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 22:54:47 UTC 2018

**Topics:**

* Melodic in Kinetic
* Industrial_moveit
* Tesseract
* ROSCon
* GSOC recap
* World MoveIt! Day
* Website revamped

**Summary:**

Melodic in Kinetic:

* MG recommends having a separate TF publisher
* Robert is using Melodic in Kenetic

industrial_moveit

* Stomp is useful
* The collision detection has been integrated
* Constrained IK is not building
* Dave proposes adding STOMP to MoveIt!
* This makes sense as all
* The plan is to separate out the STOMP code into a separate repository
* There is a question as to whether ROS-I or ROS-planning will keep the new repository
* Action item: ROS-I folk will discuss internally and get back to us

Tesseract

* Made changes to the planning scene for convex and non-convex hulls
* Managed to use Bullet for collision checking. This is useful for getting accurate signed distances

ROSCon

* Meeting up for dinner friday night

GSOC

* Lots of work came out of this
* Bryce is interested in picking up where Raghavander left out

World MoveIt! Day

* Dave made a how to guide
* 2 months away

Website revamp

* Feedback: Tutorials link in top bar
* Feedback: It looks like the robot is falling off the Ubuntu box
* Feedback: Install from Deb vs install from Debian

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/moveit-maintainer-meeting-recap-aug-23rd-2018/5969/1) or reply to this email to respond.