[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Navigation Stack] Maintaining navigation_experimental

Martin Günther ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 10:08:08 UTC 2018

I have taken over maintainership of navigation_experimental and released it into indigo, kinetic, lunar and melodic. The binaries for indigo and kinetic are already available, the binaries for lunar and melodic will be part of the next sync.

The gem in this repo is undoubtedly sbpl_lattice_planner:

https://wiki.ros.org/sbpl_lattice_planner

Of this package alone, there were 14 different forks on GitHub that I could find, and the same bugs have been fixed many times over by several people. I have cherry-picked all relevant commits from those repos, so if you are maintaining or using any of those forks, consider switching back to navigation_experimental.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/maintaining-navigation-experimental/5819/4) or reply to this email to respond.