[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Event: World MoveIt! Day - October 25th, 2018

Dave Coleman ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 00:11:01 UTC 2018

![image|414x265](upload://xVP1GXeq6jk2xtMUxlRFR4R5Dmk.png)

Were excited to announce that this years World MoveIt! Day will be **Thursday, October 25, 2018**! The event is a day long international hackathon to improve the MoveIt! code base, documentation, and community. We hope to close as many pull requests and issues as possible and explore new areas of features and improvements building off of seven years of dedicated work. We will be having several international event locations including:

* [Iron Ox](http://ironox.com/), San Francisco, USA

* [PickNik Consulting](https://picknik.ai/), Boulder, USA

* [Fraunhofer IPA](https://www.ipa.fraunhofer.de/en.html) / [RIC-EU](https://rosindustrial.org/ric-eu/), Stuttgart, Germany

* [ROS-Industrial Asian Pacific Consortium](http://rosindustrial.org/ric-apac/), Singapore

* [Tokyo Opensource Robotics Kyokai Association (TORK)](http://opensource-robotics.tokyo.jp/), Kashiwa, Japan (held on Friday, October 26!)

* [Southwest Research Institute](https://www.swri.org/), San Antonio, USA

Beyond these event locations, you are encouraged to have your own event in your lab/organization/company and video conference into all the other events.

For more details, see the [event page](http://moveit.ros.org/events/world-moveit-day-2018/).

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/event-world-moveit-day-october-25th-2018/6031/1) or reply to this email to respond.