[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Introducing the XEL Network : Modular H/W ecosystem over ROS2

Ingo Lütkebohle ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 06:55:16 UTC 2018

Great work :smile:

How dependent is this on the dynamixel protocol? Of course the hardware is, but do the message also contain specifics? btw, which messages are you using?

Apropos, @vmayoral already mentioned HRIM, which is their proposal on meta-data describing hardware (at least that's how I understood it :slight_smile:). I've also seen other work which uses a big YAML file with meta-data. Interoperability and pluggability would greatly benefit if the community could agree on this. How about a meeting on this at the ROSCon?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/introducing-the-xel-network-modular-h-w-ecosystem-over-ros2/6050/5) or reply to this email to respond.