[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Quality Assurance] ROS Quality Assurance Working Group September 2018 Meeting Notes

Kei Okada ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 12:46:24 UTC 2018

> Static analysis: ROSIN is looking to commence the scanning of some ROS packages. This work is being planned.

Hi, since I am not using the static analysis in my daily development and know very little of them, but I was also asked by other people about situation of static analysis of ROS system and setup coverity scan service. If I need to release this project from my dashboard, please let me know.

[https://scan.coverity.com/projects/ros_comm?tab=overview](https://scan.coverity.com/projects/ros_comm?tab=overview)

I'm also interested in the memory leak issue reported at [https://github.com/ros/ros_comm/issues/1433](https://github.com/ros/ros_comm/issues/1433), and if the static analysis can find this, that's would be great. But as far as I see, they did not report that. Is it ok? or the scan service should report this as a defect?

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-quality-assurance-working-group-september-2018-meeting-notes/5991/3) or reply to this email to respond.