[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management] OpenCV 3.3

Tully Foote ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 23:04:47 UTC 2018

In light of the large number of issues upgrading OpenCV from 3.2 to 3.3, which was expected to not be an issue, we will not plan to update it again. As of Melodic we are planning to use the system installed version of opencv (with a few custom backports for older platforms) as the standard integration version. Discussion here: https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rep/pull/160#issuecomment-375420063

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/opencv-3-3/2674/12) or reply to this email to respond.