[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] Discussion on ROS to ROS2 transition plan

Yoonseok Pyo ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 05:49:26 UTC 2018

In my personal opinion, I think it's time to concentrate on ROS2 rather than managing both ROS1 and ROS2 with fewer resources. I manage over 150 packages of ROS1 Kinetic, but I think it is too hard to manage both ROS1 and ROS2. From the perspective of a company that sells platforms that support ROS, if ROS1 is further supported after Melodic version, it must be mandatory to support ROS1 packages for customers request. I agree with the opinion of @mkhansen, I also hope that Melodic version is the last version of ROS1. I think that ROS1 maintainer should give them time to migrate to ROS2 rather than maintain the existing packages for ROS1. If ROS1 is finished with the Melodic version, many maintainers are likely to start working on ROS2.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/discussion-on-ros-to-ros2-transition-plan/6155/7) or reply to this email to respond.