[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROSCon 2018 Program Published

v4hn ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 16:29:11 UTC 2018

After hearing the presentation at the conference, I fail to understand the decision by the program comitee altogether. Clearly, there have been alternative proposals with more content.

There was not a single item of information in the presentation that would be relevant to anyone listening.
The organizers might want to reconsider how they advertise the event:

> ROSCon is a developers conference, in the model of PyCon and BoostCon. [...] the two-day program will comprise technical talks and tutorials that will introduce you to new tools and libraries, as well as teach you more about the ones you already know.

The only tangible outcome of the talk is that OSRF and SwRI now have a recorded presentation entry that demonstrates that ROS-Military is apparently a topic present in / and involving the community.
This might help in future management meetings that decide on project budgets.

I appeal to the comitee to never accept non-concrete military-related talks in the name of the community again. The community, including almost every participant I talked to, disagrees.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/roscon-2018-program-published/5537/10) or reply to this email to respond.