[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 OpenVINO Toolkit Release - Initial Version(V0.3.0)
ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 07:05:58 UTC 2018
We are happy to announce the initial release of [ros2_openvino_toolkit](https://github.com/intel/ros2_openvino_toolkit). The [OpenVINO toolkit](https://software.intel.com/en-us/openvino-toolkit) quickly deploys applications and solutions that emulate human vision. Based on Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN), the Toolkit extends computer vision (CV) workloads across Intel hardware, maximizing performance.
This project is a ROS2 wrapper for CV API of [OpenVINO](https://software.intel.com/en-us/openvino-toolkit), providing the following features:
* Support CPU and GPU. FPGA and Movidius will be supported in the future.
* Support standard USB camera and Intel RealSense camera
* Support Video and Image file as detection source
* Support person-attributes-recognition, including face detection, emotion recognition, age gender recognition and head pose recognition.
* Demo application to show above detection and recognition.
This project has been open sourced in github: https://github.com/intel/ros2_openvino_toolkit. Please refer to [README](https://github.com/intel/ros2_openvino_toolkit/blob/master/README.md) file for more details about this project. We have tested it on RealSense D400 series camera and Standard USB camera. More features, such as object detection, vehicle-attributes-recognition and license-plate-recognition are under development and will be included in future release. Stay tuned. Welcome feedback and participation.
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros2-openvino-toolkit-release-initial-version-v0-3-0/6234/1) or reply to this email to respond.
More information about the ros-users