[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] ROS live-class Create a Gazebo world for Cozmo

Marisol Cm via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 18:48:46 UTC 2019

Date & Time: February 12th, 2019 | 6pm to 7pm  CET

Fee: Free

Languages: English

Registration website: http://bit.ly/2Gqrvja

About:

Let's learn how to create a Gazebo world for Cozmo robot using SDF format. We will create an office desktop where Cozmo can move around and play with its cubes.

By the end of this Live Class you will understand:      What is the difference between the robot model and the simulation world model.      How to use SDF to create a Gazebo simulation.      How to include a robot in a Gazebo simulation.

Robots used in this class:

For this class we are going to use the Cozmo robot: by Anki. You can find more information about Cozmo robot here.

Instructor:

RICARDO TLLEZ, Ph.D.

Ricardo has 7 years experience building software for ROS based robots including human size humanoids. He is the author of 4 books about learning ROS. I have teaches Robotics at the University of LaSalle for the undergraduate program and for the Master. Additionally, I have delivered every Tuesday to free ROS Live Class on his Youtube channel, where attendants can learn and practice to ROS subject. He is also the conductor of the ROS Developers Podcast where he interviews every week at ROS expert about how to better program robots with ROS.

-

* The whole code will be provided for free to all the attendants to the class as to ROSject, containing simulation, notebook with instructions and code.

* This is a LIVE Class on how to develop with ROS. In Live Classes, you will practice with the instructor at the same time, with the provided free ROS material.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-live-class-create-a-gazebo-world-for-cozmo/7765/1) or reply to this email to respond.