[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Mixed python/cpp Ament package

ruffsl via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 05:39:24 UTC 2019

Just chiming in to saw I also have the same package layload as @srsidd exemplified above, and am also interested in how to get around this.

[quote="wjwwood, post:10, topic:1452"]

We dont currently have such an example as youve setup here. Specifically something that contains non-trivial CMake code (which would not easily be replicated with Pythons C++ Extensions) as well as a `setup.py` file which uses `entry_points` . Unfortunately, all I can say is that we dont have a solution for this yet and I dont know what the best strategy forward is at the moment.

[/quote]

Wrt. ros2 packages using both C++ and Python with CMake and `entry_points`, is this still the case?

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/mixed-python-cpp-ament-package/1452/14) or reply to this email to respond.