[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Packaging and Release Management/Crystal] Preparing for Crystal sync and patch release: 2019-02-14

Steven! Ragnarök via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 18:52:11 UTC 2019

The current [release candidate packages](http://repo.ros2.org/status_page/ros_crystal_default.html?q=SYNC) are in the testing repository for ROS 2 Crystal patch 2 (although the linked status page is for AMD64, ARM64 debs are also available). The release and sync will happen on Thursday barring any regressions.

I haven't created pre-release binaries for Windows or Mac due to the time it takes to upload them to GitHub, but if someone commits to testing a binary artifact on either of those platforms and reporting back I'll start a pre-release packaging job for the requested platforms on our CI farm.

In the meantime, rosinstall_generator can be used to create source workspaces of the patch release candidate or you can get a repos file from [this pull request](https://github.com/ros2/ros2/pull/655).

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/preparing-for-crystal-sync-and-patch-release-2019-02-14/7755/2) or reply to this email to respond.