[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] An instantaneous chat platform for the ROS community

ruffsl via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:44:52 UTC 2019

[quote="wjwwood, post:13, topic:7794"]

One big issue was the ability to get access to historical chat records publicly via a website or some rest API, and the fact that Slack limits chat backlogs if you dont pay for it (not sure if thats still the case).

[/quote]

That was one of the issues I had with slack. The monetization of the free tier subscription really limited the history capabilities, making it unreliable to link back to reference a previous discussion given it could disappear with the rolling-window archives. Unless that is one where to pay out for a subscription plan, which was per user last time I checked, making it hard to apply to open communities.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/an-instantaneous-chat-platform-for-the-ros-community/7794/14) or reply to this email to respond.