[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] PlotJuggler 2.X: Better integration with RViz and custom data transform

Davide Faconti via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:47:34 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am pleased to announce the release of **PlotJuggler 2**  (current version 2.1.2).

- [Official website](https://github.com/facontidavide/PlotJuggler)
- [Github Repository](https://www.plotjuggler.io).

PlotJuggler 2 is a big step forward and it introduces some exciting features:

- **Better republishing of ROS messages** allows a more robust interaction with RViz. It is similar to "_rosbag play_" but much faster, and visual.

- User can create on the fly [simple mathematical formulas](https://vimeo.com/311245098) to manipulate their data; potential applications are:
     - scale conversion (radians to degrees?)
     -  filtering (low pass filters?)
     -  or more complex transformations (quaternions to RPY?)

Furthermore, many bugs were fixed and the UI has been improved.

Take a look at the new **video** (a little more than 3 minutes):

[![image|500x300](upload://2j9hj8Zm0ZwkIr2L7Rd6CbfNy8P.jpeg)](https://vimeo.com/316907214)

 If you want to know more about PlotJuggler, you may want to check this recent podcast.

http://www.theconstructsim.com/rdp-037-plotting-ros-data-using-plotjuggler-davide-faconti/

# Since you are here (wait for it)...

Maybe Discourse is not the best place to post blatantly promotional information but, on the other hand, it is also the best way to reach the entire robotics community, including companies and industrial users.

I hope no one will be offended :slight_smile:

# ... Consider supporting PlotJuggler!

PlotJuggler is a software created to manage, find and visualize large amount of data, in the order of tens of thousands of time series. It can be easily extended through plugins to support any data format.

If you use PlotJuggler in your company, consider sponsoring its further development; you can contact me to create additional features that suit your specific needs.

One of my goals is to port PlotJuggler to ROS2, and I am currently looking for companies that want to support economically this effort.

[Find out more](https://www.plotjuggler.io/support)

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/plotjuggler-2-x-better-integration-with-rviz-and-custom-data-transform/7842/1) or reply to this email to respond.