[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Ci.ros2.org clang nightly job now available

Thomas Moulard via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 21:58:31 UTC 2019

Hi all,
@bhatsach and I have been collaborating with @nuclearsandwich to add a clang Linux job for ROS 2. Thanks Steven for your help!

The job is available here: https://ci.ros2.org/view/All/job/nightly_linux_clang/

The objective here is double:

1. Ease Mac OS X support (where clang is the default compiler).
2. Enable us to rely on clang-specific features such as [thread safety annotations](https://clang.llvm.org/docs/ThreadSafetyAnalysis.html). No support has been added yet but we will start playing with those at the RMW layer to see if we can find bugs.

Currently, we already had a few runs going through. The build is unstable as some tests are failing. We'll take a look at those.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ci-ros2-org-clang-nightly-job-now-available/7857/1) or reply to this email to respond.