[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] ROS orphaned package maintainer info. REP 152 for review

Kei Okada via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 01:02:34 UTC 2019

  Based on discussion at https://discourse.ros.org/t/releasing-repositories-form-other-people/1797, and also https://discourse.ros.org/t/perception-sig-maintainers-still-maintaining/7065 shows we have seen a lot of unmaintained (but important) packages, and I believe we need some mechanism to save these situation.

  The idea behind this proposed REP is to have a team of volunteers who can do ONLY the release job, to enable the community to continue using the same set of previous ROS distros with a minimum set of community efforts.

	To this end, we followed Debian QA Group System and Debian Developer's Reference ( [Dealing with inactive and/or unreachable maintainers](https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch07.en.html#mia-qa) ), which is considered non-normative, but best practice.

https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rep/pull/150

If you have any comments please comment on the pull request. If you like what you see and dont have any comment please use the review mechanism and approve the PR. (Click on [Files changed ](https://github.com/ros-infrastructure/rep/pull/150/files) then Review Changes drop down -> Approve.)

Please also check http://wiki.ros.org/OrphanedPackage

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/ros-orphaned-package-maintainer-info-rep-152-for-review/7906/1) or reply to this email to respond.