[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Adding clang thread safety analysis for ROS2 core packages

Geoffrey Biggs via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 00:20:03 UTC 2019

[quote="emersonknapp, post:3, topic:7930"]

I kept all existing locking logic intact but shifted ownership of the locking around - The main difference is that in favor of a private mutex ownership patterm, I removed the lock-wrapper LockedObject pattern, because it spread out locking and safety in such a way that it would be easy to make more mistakes, spreads ownership of safety to any user of the data, instead of centralizing in the thread-accessed data. That may not be the way we want to go, its just what seems to make the most sense to me

[/quote]

I haven't looked at the details, but what you say makes sense from a maintainability point of view.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/adding-clang-thread-safety-analysis-for-ros2-core-packages/7930/5) or reply to this email to respond.