[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Set symbol visibility to hidden for RMW and RCL packages

William Woodall via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:08:30 UTC 2019

Updating more libraries to hind their symbols by default seems reasonable to me. Any cases where we're using unintentionally referenced symbols should be addressed, as you said.

[quote="bhatsach, post:1, topic:7981"]
However other packages just have the visibility headers defined but not enabled in compile flags [2].
[/quote]

The symbol visibility headers are used primarily for Windows, where symbols must be declared publicly, and implicitly referencing symbols will not work.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/set-symbol-visibility-to-hidden-for-rmw-and-rcl-packages/7981/2) or reply to this email to respond.