[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Autoware] How to use vector maps in autoware localization node

Ajay1606 via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 05:38:50 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

I am working with autoware and I am much interested in the localization and mission planning (Path planning). Now i have tested and understood about LIDAR localizer with autoware provided sample data sets ( sample_moriyama_150324.bag, pcd files, vector map files), also with our custom datasets which includes .bag file, point cloud map and vector maps.
**Question 1:**
Even though vector maps loading correctly without any issues, I wonder how these vector maps are utilized in the autoware localization? In general, I understood the significance of vector maps in the localization, but I didn't get how and where autoware making use of these vector maps?
**Lidar localizer with loaded vector maps:**
![Selection_070|599x389](upload://hSutDLCNO8zXhdHU619MkrD1rWy.jpeg)

**Question 2:**
Also, i have tried to test mission planning in the autoware with the demo dataset provided. When starting **mission_planning** node, i am getting a following error message in the terminal.
**starting mission_planning:**
![Selection_071|594x500](upload://f2Rh9Cp73ZJMBIVcVmnTSeLXMDo.png)
**Error Message in the terminal:**
![Selection_072|690x372](upload://qplLwhroKhiioXWG1rPk2da6yF0.png)

Appreciate your kind assistance, Thanks.

Regards,
Ajay

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/how-to-use-vector-maps-in-autoware-localization-node/7995/1) or reply to this email to respond.