[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Autoware] Connect two usb2.0 cameras with autoware

BRIGHT_BULD via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 00:44:53 UTC 2019

**Specifications**: ROS Kinetic
                              ubuntu 16.04

Hi! I encountered a problem when I tried to connect two usb 2.0 cameras with autoware. It seems that autoware always just can recognize /dev/video0, which means autoware just can recognize one camera all the time. Is there someone who knows how to make autoware recognize another camera like /dev/video2 in my case? Autoware still can recognize one camera even after I  deleted the contents of launch file in ros camera driver or the contents of uvc_camera.sh under /Autoware/ros/src/sensing/drivers/camera/usb, which makes me be stuck at the point where I do not know which file I should change so that two cameras can be used at the same time. I would appreciate it a lot if someone can help me figure this out. Please let me know if you need any details I left out here about this problem.

My ubuntu 16.04 system will show /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 when I just connect one camera to my computer. I guess that it is probably due to the microphone built in my usb camera.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/connect-two-usb2-0-cameras-with-autoware/8013/1) or reply to this email to respond.