[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS Projects] gym-gazebo migration to ROS2 with MARA

Matt Hansen ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:32:27 UTC 2019

@vmayoral - I wouldn't say I struggled, but I did notice that there was a big delta between the forked version you had and the original. There were bugs I ran into in the fork that had already been fixed in the upstream, and due to the big delta, it wasn't easy to port them. If you maintain a fork, then you probably at least need to rebase it to the main repo on a regular basis to get the latest bug fixes. That in itself is time consuming, which is why I suggested using it as a library instead of forking it.

I hope that answer helps explain my reasoning.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/gym-gazebo-migration-to-ros2-with-mara/7119/6) or reply to this email to respond.