[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Robotics Software Engineer - London, UK

Brian Holt via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:42:32 UTC 2019

**Who we are**

Parkopedia was founded with the mission of being able to answer any parking question, anywhere in the world.

Today, Parkopedia is the worlds leading parking services provider used by millions of drivers and organisations ranging from Apple to Volvo.

We are looking for an experienced Robotics Software Engineer whos interested in leading our open source contributions to the Autoware self-driving car project within our Autonomous Driving team. Were part of a global team, but based in the London Office, which is a short walk from London Bridge.

In the Autonomous Driving team were building an autonomous vehicle as a proof of concept to validate our Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) indoor parking maps. Parkopedia recently joined the Autoware Foundation as a premium member to contribute to and benefit from the Autoware projects. As a Robotics Software Engineer you will work primarily within the open source community to contribute software and infrastructure improvements to Autoware while supporting the development of our autonomous valet parking demonstrator. Its a unique opportunity to get hands-on experience working with state-of-the art technology on autonomous vehicles in a small and growing organisation.

**Responsibilties**

* Designing, implementing and testing software to enable autonomous valet parking in C++

* Reviewing code from other team members to ensure a high quality code base

* Documenting and clearly articulating your work and progress

* Embracing agile methodology and reporting to the project manager for planning

* Assisting other team members with their work

* Assisting in identifying staff training and development needs

* Be a great member of our team

**Requirements**

You will have

* Skills equivalent to a degree in Computer Science or related discipline

* Significant experience in modern C++ and have worked with a large C++ software project

* Experience with the Robot Operating System (ROS), ideally ROS2.

* Very strong programming skills including multi-threaded design

* Knowledge of one or more interpreted languages, such as Python

* Experience working on open source projects, ideally as a core member/committer

* Flexibility to work on a variety of different tasks within a small team environment

* Linux (or other Unix-like) programming experience including shell scripting

* Experience with version control systems especially Git and continuous integration tools like Travis, Jenkins or GitLab

* Experience with source code quality checking and analysis tools

We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age

**What we offer**

Parkopedia is committed to building a great work environment for all our employees. Here are just a few of the benefits that we offer

* Unlimited annual leave - yup, time off is as important as time in the office, we all need to unwind and recharge our batteries!

* Flexible working hours

* Training allowance

* Cash bonus

* Annual company retreat

* Thursday team lunch every other week on us!

* Monthly socials

* Time off for volunteering

To apply please visit https://parkopedia.workable.com/jobs/908704/candidates/new

---