[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] What should be the correct behavier of a "reliable" transmission? (throughput problem)

William Woodall via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 00:51:42 UTC 2019

Sorry for the long delay.

[quote="EwingKang, post:3, topic:6826"]

As far as the QoS configuring goes, I thought we can only consider `max_samples` since ROS2 rwm implementation is currently keyless (ans thus have only one instance) AFAIK.

[/quote]

For now that is true, but we're currently working on supporting IDL 4.2 directly in ROS 2, at which point you may specify a key and it will influence queuing as separate instances for each key value.

[quote="EwingKang, post:3, topic:6826"]

I propose we can expose the `resource_limits.max_samples` through RMW as well as provide limited value for any preset that involve `KEEP_ALL` history. And this behavior should also be properly documented so the user knows what theyre doing when adjusting the configuration.

[/quote]

I agree, we need to expose more QoS to make `KEEP_ALL` more usable. Any help you (or others) could provide on this in the form of pull requests would be appreciated.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/what-should-be-the-correct-behavier-of-a-reliable-transmission-throughput-problem/6826/4) or reply to this email to respond.