[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] ROS2 and DDS Security enhancement on arm platforms

Filipe Rinaldi via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:25:02 UTC 2019

Hi @tomoya,

Since David's initial post on this initiative, we have been through some different proof-of-concepts. are now finishing the design for the shape we want it to be. In parallel we have been developing the project's skeleton with proper testing infrastructure and a Fast Model's based development environment we will release together with the library.

We cannot give you a proper release date at the moment. The intention was to already have something released but some aspects of the investigation (finding the correct balance on what assets to move into the secure-world took longer than expected).

We are getting closer, watch this space and we promise to give an update in a month or so.

In the meantime, you haven't seen, here is our slides from the ROSCon2018 presentation of the project:
https://roscon.ros.org/2018/presentations/ROSCon2018_libddssec.pdf

Cheers,
Filipe

---