[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Jobs] Graduate opportunity: Robotics Engineer (Brisbane, Australia)

Tim Cassell via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 22:21:40 UTC 2019

Graduate opportunity: Robotics Engineer

About Us

Universal Field Robots is a Brisbane-based startup company who are developing large-scale, outdoor, autonomous robots for applications in construction, agriculture, mining, energy and defence. Our current robot is based on a 3.5 tonne excavator, but we are expanding our lineup to other vehicles and equipment. We are currently looking to expand our team with the addition of a Robotics/Mechatronics Engineer. This position is suitable for a recent graduate or an engineer with a few years of experience.

About You

As a robotics engineer on our team you'll be working on a wide range of projects. Youll be a generalist, doing everything from sensor integration right up to writing high-level planners. Your abilities should include:

- You'll have a demonstrable interest in robotics

- You'll work well both independently and as part of a team

- Good knowledge of C++ (experience with Python is also preferable)

- Knowledge of ROS is a big plus

- Knowledge of working in a Linux (Ubuntu) development environment

- Knowledge in areas such as computer vision, AI, mechanical/electrical design, GUI design, sensors or control theory is also a big plus

Application

Please email your CV/Resume and a short cover letter to hello at universalfieldrobots.com.au by 1st of February. A full time position is available to the right candidate.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/graduate-opportunity-robotics-engineer-brisbane-australia/7495/1) or reply to this email to respond.