[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [General] File naming convention "rosinstall" misleading?

Isaac I. Y. Saito via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 01:51:15 UTC 2019

@tkruse Thank you for the headsup. Indeed I was it looks like. I'll continue there if I want to.

[quote="gavanderhoorn, post:2, topic:7334"]

Successor to `wstool` is [vcstool](https://github.com/dirk-thomas/vcstool), which completely decouples downloading repositories from workspace management. Part of the rationale would seem to be exactly the points you raise.

[/quote]

I was not aware of `vcstool`. Thank you!

Is there a plan for vcstool to be an official "successor" to wstool? I can't find any announcement for vcstool yet with regard to wstool. Tutorials still use wstool AFAICT (e.g. http://wiki.ros.org/catkin/Tutorials/workspace_overlaying).

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/file-naming-convention-rosinstall-misleading/7334/4) or reply to this email to respond.