[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [ROS-Industrial] Integration of 6-axis manipulator and 2-axis positioner (external axes)

gavanderhoorn via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 21:41:15 UTC 2019

[quote="tdl-ua, post:12, topic:7931"]

Ive changed `moveit_planning_execution.launch` and related scripts to launch two namespaced instances of `industrial_robot_simulator` when argument `sim` is set to `true` . I had tried to push down the simulator and `joint_trajectory_action` server instances individually using `ROS_NAMESPACE` before without success. Your approach using groups seems to work without issues.

[/quote]

I've left a comment on my PR that I believe is important.

You may have done it on purpose (as you have no hw yet), but your `controllers.yaml` as it is right now will not work correctly when trying to execute trajectories for the two groups separately.

[quote="tdl-ua, post:12, topic:7931"]

I think the challenge as far as I can tell now is the combined planning of workpiece and manipulator trajectories with collision avoidance and then also the synchronization of end-effector commands (e.g., welding torch on/off).

Any ideas for avenues to go down or suggestions of tools that can be used or adapted to ultimately achieve this final objective would be much appreciated.

[/quote]

I would take a look at [Jmeyer1292/hybrid_planning_experiments](https://github.com/Jmeyer1292/hybrid_planning_experiments) by @Jmeyer, which builds upon the work by @Levi-Armstrong et al (`trajopt_ros` and `tesseract`).

Their presentation at ROSCon'18 last year shows what those packages can do: *Optimization Motion Planning with Tesseract and TrajOpt for Industrial Applications* ([video](https://vimeo.com/293314190), [slides](https://roscon.ros.org/2018/presentations/ROSCon2018_Tesseract_and_TrajOpt.pdf)).

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/integration-of-6-axis-manipulator-and-2-axis-positioner-external-axes/7931/13) or reply to this email to respond.