[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Adding clang thread safety analysis for ROS2 core packages

Thomas Moulard via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 21:40:55 UTC 2019

As we talked offline, I would do as follow:

1. Add and merge PRs adding the TSA colcon mixin, the rcpputils code for the macros and the class annotation. We can do that now and this is a no-op if the mixing is not being used.
2. Try to find a way for the whole build + test run to succeed:
  * Only target Mac OS X for now (if clang stdc++ is the default one on OS X? otherwise I guess brew can pass custom flags?)
  * Try to build everything from source on Linux and check that it works. If yes, we can figure a way to build everything from source in the CI.

---
[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/adding-clang-thread-safety-analysis-for-ros2-core-packages/7930/18) or reply to this email to respond.