[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [MoveIt!] Announcing the MoveIt 2 Port

Víctor Mayoral Vilches via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:33:49 UTC 2019

[quote="davetcoleman, post:6, topic:8051"]

Yes, we should be more rigorous with our terminology, but I think more people know what we mean by using the ROS1 term nodelets than the new term components. IMHO components is far more ambiguous to non-expert ROS2 users as its used in general software engineering all the time.

[/quote]

This is actually my bad, I recall it was me the one who accepted those changes in the roadmap. I'd say, feel free to suggest changes directly @gbiggs, input and contributions are more than welcome as we said in several threads.

[quote="gbiggs, post:7, topic:8051"]

ROS 2 porting guide that includes a glossary.

[/quote]

 Does that actually exist? I use actively https://index.ros.org/doc/ros2/Contributing/Migration-Guide/  but I'm not aware of a ROS 2 glossary. Which by the way, it's a rather good idea, even beyond the MoveIt! 2 port.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-the-moveit-2-port/8051/10) or reply to this email to respond.