[ros-users] [Discourse.ros.org] [Next Generation ROS] Announcing Rust bindings for ROS2

ruffsl via Discourse.ros.org ros.discourse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:39:35 UTC 2019

[quote="esteve, post:10, topic:3870"]

theres still a lot of work to do and any contribution is more than welcome.

[/quote]

Well, a lot of other working groups meet and organize regularly to catch up and discuss new ideas: Some concepts I'd like to float for an agenda off the top of my head:

* improving cargo build integration: [colcon_cargo](https://github.com/colcon/colcon-cargo) + [tools::cargo-plugins](https://crates.io/categories/development-tools::cargo-plugins)?

* how much of rclrs could be shared with rust's ecosystem: crates.io

* soliciting guidance from the larger friendly rust community: users.rust-lang.org

* improving message IDL integration: avoid re-generating default messages

* design goals for making the API overall more idiomatic with rust code

Others may have more ideas I'd like to listen to. I think syncing up over a discussion would be a lot quicker than prematurely cycling across timezones on tickets that may be otherwise too unclear to tackle.

---

[Visit Topic](https://discourse.ros.org/t/announcing-rust-bindings-for-ros2/3870/11) or reply to this email to respond.